Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Emma's Garden

Emma and I have taken up gardening together.  She is growing quite a garden!  Sometimes I think she likes the weeds more than the actual plants, but that's okay!

We have a lot of work ahead of us to whip our garden into shape, but Emma is tireless in her efforts.  Currently we are waiting on blueberries, grapes, and basil to begin growing. 


Her basil is growing!

She has been very disappointed that fresh fruits and herbs are not waiting for to eat every day.  Her new mantra is Patience is a virtue, but I am fairly sure she has no idea what that means!



 Our latest initiative is to grow an avocado tree.  We have tried multiple times to plant an avocado tree with baby brother's leftovers.  Daddy has been trying to tell us that planting that giant seed from Little Frog's avocado probably wont work, but we are both very stubborn and still have dreams of picking fresh avocado in our backyard.  It could happen, right?!  Maybe I should have actually looked up how to plant it properly. 

  

 One of her favorite spots is a cherry tree that is in full bloom right now.  She shakes the branches and pretends that it is snowing.  I keep telling her that she used to live in Massachusetts where the snow is real!  I guess it is a good thing she doesn't remember all my attempts to get her to play in the snow when she was a baby.  It made her mad!  She seems to like this kind of snow much better.  She is usually dancing around under the tree, but of course as soon as I turn the camera on her she gets shy, oh well!




Gardening can be hard work, so after spending a couple hours outside, we always have plenty to eat and drink.  Poor Emma was so tired!  She figured out a way to eat and sleep at the table!  

 


















After working so hard, I let a few chair chips slide!

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear how you can plant an avocado tree also! We tried growing strawberries and it didn't quite work out...Isabel was sad that it didn't grow but bought them at the store and she was content:) Love how kids are so easy to appease sometimes!

    ReplyDelete